Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pray for Jodi this weekend


Hey Guys!

I have something I would really appreciate you praying about this weekend. Myself, along with 2 good friends, are hosting a women's retreat for Global Challenge - the organization we work for here - as well as for our local church ladies. There will be 18 women attending our “Relax. Refresh. Revive.” Conference, and I am so excited. 



We’ve been planning and praying for weeks, and the weekend is almost here. I am in charge of the hospitality - including all of the meals, so please pray with me:

§  That I remain WELL and not get sick. Emi has been very sick this week with a bad cold and I have felt it trying to get me too. I really am praying that God will protect me from this cold!!
§        
            That the ladies coming would arrive safely (it’s about an hour’s drive) and be lavishly blessed and loved by God this weekend. I want them to feel spoiled by Him. I’ve made welcome baskets for everyone, and each lady coming will have a handmade card and flower on their bed.  Another treat is my friend Juri who is visiting from Japan is going to make each of them a Hawaiian flower lei,  and I hope they are really going to be blessed by the food and the way we will be serving them.
§       
           Lastly, please pray that God would help me during the weekend in the kitchen to get everything done well and to not freak out in the process. 

I really believe it will be a much needed encouragement to so many of these women who serve in their ministries every day! Thanks for praying with me. I will send pictures after the weekend and let you know how it went.

Lots and lots of love,
jodi

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Jodi- you have such a special way of making each person feel loved and cared for! I'll be praying for all the details and that you'll be doubly blessed too!! XO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will totally be praying for you ladies. You will make them feel so loved and welcomed. Super awesome that Juri is coming as well... have a great time with her and her family!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete