Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December in Jeffrey's Bay


Hi there from J-Bay,

Maybe some of you are sitting around a fireplace sipping cider and relaxing with family, but the sun is HOT and this is our busiest season here in South Africa. We just finished our two week debrief session of our teams who returned from their year-long mission journeys. It was an amazing time of hearing about the wonderful things God did in and through these students- many miraculous, wonderful testimonies of God’s power and love!  Week one was focused on bringing closure to “team” life and week 2 helped prepare them to re-enter this next chapter of their lives.

I loved the times of prayer, worship and teaching. What a blessing it is to be a part of this organization and all that God is doing in these young people’s lives. My mom heard a quote the other day that “if you love what you do, you don’t work a day in your life…”  I truly do love what I’m doing here! I thought you guys might like to see a few little clips of my teaching on “Identity in Christ”. (Click link to view teaching)



During the month of December, while all of the surfers and vacationers take over our little town here, I am waitering at a local coffee shop that some friends of ours from Global own. Hopefully this will help me to pay the remainder that I owe on my motorcycle,  and our friends who own the coffee shop just had a baby last week who is in intensive care, so it helps us and it helps them.  Jodi is busy selling her Emi's Closet crafts at the Christmas markets here. She has already been to 4 markets and there are more each weekend. It's going well with Emi's Closet! God is really blessing this project, and we thank Him for that.




We are celebrating two years with Global Challenge at the end of December, which means we have been living outside the USA for four years already (Two years with Adventure in Missions in Swaziland and now two years with Global Challenge Expeditions here in South Africa). I can’t believe how time just flies by.

Jodi and I hope that you are enjoying this holiday season.  Thank you so much for your support and for helping us do what we do here. Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

Blessings,
Marius (and the girls)

P.S. I will update you on Soul Adventure and Jodi will update you on her Emi's Closet Project soon so be on the lookout........

1 comment:

  1. So great to see the video of you teach bro. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete